noun & verb
- US term for closure ( sense 2 of the noun).More example sentences
- A cloture motion failed, and the nomination was withdrawn.
- Four Democratic Senators have announced that they will vote in favor of a cloture motion, and at least one more is believed likely to do so.
- He filed a cloture motion to end the debate and put the nomination to a vote.
late 19th century: from French clôture, from Old French closure (see closure).
More definitions of clotureDefinition of cloture in:
- The US English dictionary