- A sudden violent rainstorm.More example sentences
- It has survived thunderstorms and cloudbursts and has taken place every year except during the two world wars.
- Amid a sudden cloudburst, the rain fogged up the windows and the Guardsmen took another wrong turn, getting about four minutes off course before turning around.
- All day it threatens to rain, we get sudden cloudbursts, but only when we're indoors or in the car, never when we might get wet.
More definitions of cloudburstDefinition of cloudburst in:
- The US English dictionary