noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A sedative drug of the benzodiazepine group, used to treat schizophrenia.More example sentences
- Our analysis suggests that antipsychotic drugs other than clozapine may be associated with myocarditis and cardiomyopathy.
- Examples of surveillance programmes being written into drug licensing decisions include clozapine and alosetron.
- The use of atypical drugs such as clozapine and olanzapine, which do not have this effect, may increase fertility rates.
mid 20th century: from c(h)lo(ro)- + elements of benzodiazepine.
More definitions of clozapineDefinition of clozapine in:
- The US English dictionary