- A procedure in which a subject is asked to supply words that have been removed from a passage as a test of their ability to comprehend text.More example sentences
- Used with due caution, the cloze test appears to be potentially helpful in detecting plagiarism.
- Multiple choice cloze tests provide the subjects with several possible items to choose from for each blank.
- The cloze test consists of a longer text of which every fifth to tenth complete word is left out.
1950s: cloze representing a spoken abbreviation of closure.
More definitions of cloze testDefinition of cloze test in:
- The US English dictionary