- A fungal disease of cabbages, turnips, and related plants, in which the root becomes swollen and distorted by a single large gall or groups of smaller ones.
More example sentences
- The fungus is Plasmodiophora brassicae, subdivision Mastigomycotina
- If your soil is acidic, sprinkle in lime or wood ashes to neutralize the soil, and defend against clubroot.
- Hydrated lime appears to be more effective in reducing the severity of clubroot than ground limestone.
- In radishes, clubroot causes distorted swellings on the base of the bulb and along the tap root.
More definitions of clubrootDefinition of clubroot in:
- The US English dictionary