- A tall rush-like water plant of the sedge family. Also called bulrush.
More example sentences
- Scirpus and related genera, family Cyperaceae, in particular the common S. (or Schoenoplectus) lacustris, used for weaving
- This has proved true in the case of clubrush clearance in the ponds below the wildlife centre - now only a small reflective area survives in front of the man-made sand martin nesting site.
- Some aquatic plants had been planted - mostly native sedges and clubrushes.
- However the increased resistance within the lake clubrush reduced the overall flow of oxygen whilst the tall spikerush had low resistance allowing higher flow of oxygen and therefore increased survival potential.