- another term for guar.More example sentences
- Examples include guar gum (derived from the Indian cluster bean, Cyamopsis tetragonolobus), glucomannan, and psyllium (derived from the seed husk of Plantago psyllium).
- Others, like gum guar (obtained from the cluster bean), or locust bean gum (from the locust bean,), come from seedpods.
- The guar, or cluster bean, provides a gum that has 8 times the thickening power of cornstarch.
More definitions of cluster beanDefinition of cluster bean in:
- The US English dictionary