Definition of cnidarian in English:
An aquatic invertebrate animal of the phylum Cnidaria, which comprises the coelenterates.
- There are three subgroups within the cnidarians that have medusae, cubozoans, hydrozoans, and scyphozoans.
- It is therefore largely appreciated that the resemblance between ctenophores and cnidarians is superficial and does not reflect a particularly close evolutionary relationship.
- Fossils of the Twitya Formation are generally presumed to be cnidarians, or at least metazoans of cnidarian grade.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to or denoting cnidarians.
- Hox genes have been isolated from a number of cnidarian species including hydra.
- Our study of the new material does not support a cnidarian affinity.
- A specific panel of seven target sequences was selected to test the binding patterns of cnidarian paired domains.
Definition of cnidarian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia