Definition of co-belligerent in English:
Any of two or more nations engaged in war as allies.
- He had consulted no one over the Fourteen Points - certainly not the co-belligerents he still did not regard as ‘allies’.
- It soon became embroiled in a controversy, one which ironically made co-belligerents, if not allies, of the divided parents.
- Even after October 1943, when allowing Allied air bases in the Azores made it a co-belligerent, Portugal maintained an outward veneer of neutrality.
- co-belligerence noun
- Example sentences
- I am a firm advocate of the apologist's concept of co-belligerence.
- There is no Scriptural foundation or instruction for cultural co-belligerence found anywhere in holy writ.
- But now let us consider some practical issues for those who embark on a path of co-belligerence.
Definition of co-belligerent in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.