Definition of co-sleeping in English:
The practice of parents and young children sleeping in the same bed.
- Particular dangers included co-sleeping with parents, maternal smoking and infants sleeping in the prone (lying face down) position.
- No matter how one views this issue, co-sleeping is most likely under-reported by parents.
- But, when we came around to the topic of co-sleeping, she lowered her voice and took a quick look around before admitting that sometimes she took her own child into bed with her.
- Example sentences
- I have carried both my babies in slings, have partially co-slept for a number of months with one.
- According to an American paediatrician, babies suck their thumbs if they aren't breastfed or do not ‘co-sleep’.
- Now with the new co-sleeping cots they can just reach out and soothe the babies, which means both they and their babies are more settled.
Definition of co-sleeping in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan