noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A mixture of the drugs sulphamethoxazole and trimethoprim, used to treat bacterial infections synergistically.More example sentences
- Children with acute lower respiratory tract infections received co-trimoxazole.
- If minocycline or doxycycline cannot be used, alternatives include co-trimoxazole and ciprofloxacin.
- Resistance to co-trimoxazole was observed in 57.6 per cent of isolates.
More definitions of co-trimoxazoleDefinition of co-trimoxazole in:
- The US English dictionary