1 (also coachwhip snake) A harmless fast-moving North American snake, whose scales form a pattern said to resemble a braided whip.
- Masticophis flagellum, family Colubridae
More example sentences
- A highly irritated western coachwhip snake was coiled in the grass.
- The habitat of the coachwhip includes deserts, grasslands, prairies, woodlands, and open areas.
- Rattlesnakes eat mostly rodents, but coachwhip snakes will climb trees or cactus to eat eggs from bird nests.
Definition of coachwhip in:
- The US English dictionary