- A series of strata of the Carboniferous period, including coal seams.More example sentences
- They are, however, used locally in Pennsylvanian coal measures, and in the Upper Cretaceous.
- More recently, sequence stratigraphic interpretations have been made on these carbonate coal measures.
- The Upper Permian Heshan Formation in the Heshan coalfield of central Guangxi is represented by coal measures formed on a shallow-water carbonate platform.
More definitions of coal measuresDefinition of coal measures in:
- The US English dictionary