- An extensive area containing a number of underground coal strata.More example sentences
- In the Heshan coalfield, all coals show a strong marine influence, as indicated by the very high organic sulphur contents in the coals.
- He was interested in the local rocks, and in 1791 set up for himself in the Somerset coalfield, where he was engaged in underground mine surveys and calculations of coal resources.
- People here know there is a lot of ill health in the coalfields area, but the extent of it shocked everyone.
More definitions of coalfieldDefinition of coalfield in:
- The US English dictionary