noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Congenital narrowing of a short section of the aorta: coarctation of the aorta [count noun]: a freshly dilated coarctationMore example sentences
- These anomalies include patent ductus arteriosus, vascular ring, and coarctation of aorta.
- Peripheral pulses (radial and femoral) also should be measured for rate and rhythm and to rule out coarctation of the aorta.
- Now he had a coarctation of the aorta and would probably need major surgery.
late Middle English: from Latin coarctatio(n-), from the verb coarctare (see coarctate).
More definitions of coarctationDefinition of coarctation in:
- The US English dictionary