- 1In a coarse manner: Carter laughed coarselyMore example sentences
- The aggressive and coarsely humorous moments are mostly unconvincing.
- Stripping away the levity of certain scenes and shocking the audience with coarsely untheatrical moments may bring out subtle new nuances in unexpected areas, but it gives no impression of a full reading.
- The food is poorly made, imprecise and coarsely seasoned: less good than you'd expect from the chill counter of a supermarket.
- 2Into large and irregularly shaped pieces: chop the mushrooms coarsely coarsely grated cheeseMore example sentences
- Peel, core and coarsely grate the apple (you need about 250g / 8oz grated apple) and mix it into the crumb mixture.
- Peel the potatoes, coarsely grate them into a bowl and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Make the dressing by grating the cucumber coarsely and leaving it in a colander, lightly sprinkled with salt, for half an hour.
More definitions of coarselyDefinition of coarsely in:
- The US English dictionary