noun[mass noun] chiefly British
- The sport or activity of exploring a rocky coastline by climbing, jumping, and swimming: the more adventurous can try some of the various outdoor leisure activities, such as windsurfing, coasteering , kayaking, diving, or surfingMore example sentences
- Coasteering is about really exploring the shore up close - but it's not about taking risks.
- In some cases the locals are even inventing new sports for themselves - coasteering, for example.
- A combination of climbing, scrambling and swimming, coasteering has proved one of the most popular activities at the centre, especially with families.
More definitions of coasteeringDefinition of coasteering in:
- The US English dictionary