adjective & adverb
- Along or connected with the coast: [as adjective]: a small coastwise steamer [as adverb]: the cargo was ferried coastwiseMore example sentences
- An attempt to engage in the coastwise trade came to an end with the confiscation of his boat by the Brazilian authorities on the score that his papers were not in order.
- The 1934 strike produced a single, coastwise agreement, in which dockworkers from San Diego to Seattle act as one.
- Its commerce, both overseas and coastwise, surpassed all other American ports.
More definitions of coastwiseDefinition of coastwise in:
- The US English dictionary