Definition of coaxial in English:
1.1(Of a cable or line) transmitting by means of two concentric conductors separated by an insulator.
- There are at least four methods for moving signals between interconnected consumer electronics devices - over phone wires, coaxial cable lines, power lines or wireless.
- Telephone lines and coaxial cable will be the only real options for commercially viable and reliable high speed Internet service.
- Power surges travel through any electric, telephone, or coaxial cable line.
- Example sentences
- It is also armed with a 7.62 mm standard machine gun mounted coaxially with the main gun and a 7.62 mm air defence machine gun mounted on the turret roof.
- The adjusting device includes a coaxially arranged stem provided with retaining teeth which forms one of the exterior linking bodies.
- It greatly speeds up the process by which two types of fibers can be coaxially blended into a continuous yarn strand.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan