Definition of cobalt in English:
- This packing arrangement is also observed for many metals, including rubidium, osmium, cobalt, zinc, and cadmium.
- Besides gold and diamonds, the area is rich in copper, uranium, palladium and cobalt, as well as coltan ore.
- The slow growth rate is thought to enhance the absorption of heavy metals like copper and cobalt from sea water.
- He muttered something in angry fluent French, as he tilted his head back and looked up at the star-dusted cobalt sky.
- It was February with cobalt skies, snappy air, and a fresh blanket of snow.
- This past week in the forest park, the fiery foliage set against cobalt skies was a sight to behold.
late 17th century: from German Kobalt 'imp, demon' (because the presence of cobalt-bearing ore made it more difficult to extract silver, and miners believed that it was harmful to the silver ore with which it occurred).
- Example sentences
- Hydrated cobalt oxide or cobaltic hydroxide is produced by adding sodium hydroxide to this solution.
- An opportunity might have been lost for guiding mining operations to the working of any payable cobaltic vein.
- The cobaltic complex has also been synthesized by metal exchange from previously obtained sodium ascorbate and cobaltic dichloride hexahydrate in aqueous medium.
Definition of cobalt in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.