Definition of cobalt blue in English:
1A deep blue pigment containing cobalt and aluminium oxides.
- The next step is to paint some winter weeds around her, and put a nice wet wash of burnt umber and cobalt blue over the wet ground of her body.
- He mixes and grinds his own pigments, preferring rich, heavy metal colours such as cobalt blue and the cadmiums - red, violet, vermilion and yellow.
1.1A deep blue colour: plates rimmed with cobalt blue [modifier]: the distant cobalt-blue mountains
More example sentences
- Beyond him, the window framed a snowscape: a treeline with white-washed evergreens and a cobalt-blue sky overhead.
- He was a tall, stern-looking man with cobalt-blue eyes and raven-black hair pulled snugly back.
- She plucked a large, cobalt-blue flower and tucked it behind her ear.
Definition of cobalt blue in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan