- 1A deep blue pigment containing cobalt and aluminium oxides.More example sentences
- The next step is to paint some winter weeds around her, and put a nice wet wash of burnt umber and cobalt blue over the wet ground of her body.
- He mixes and grinds his own pigments, preferring rich, heavy metal colours such as cobalt blue and the cadmiums - red, violet, vermilion and yellow.
- 1.1A deep blue colour: plates rimmed with cobalt blue [modifier]: the distant cobalt-blue mountainsMore example sentences
- Beyond him, the window framed a snowscape: a treeline with white-washed evergreens and a cobalt-blue sky overhead.
- He was a tall, stern-looking man with cobalt-blue eyes and raven-black hair pulled snugly back.
- She plucked a large, cobalt-blue flower and tucked it behind her ear.
More definitions of cobalt blueDefinition of cobalt blue in:
- The US English dictionary