noun (plural same)
A large edible game fish that lives in open waters of the Atlantic, Indian, and West Pacific oceans. Also called sergeant fish.
- Rachycentron canadum, family Rachycentridae
More example sentences
- They will be my number one rods in the Persian and Arabian Gulf later this year when I tackle the big cobia and kingfish.
- Steaks of dorado, cobia, yellowtail, grouper and anything else you want to name are superb with just butter and a glass of white wine.
- The cobia is a highly rated, hard-hitting game fish that is prone to long, powerful, determined runs and occasional leaps.
mid 19th century: of unknown origin.
Definition of cobia in:
- The US English dictionary