- A disease of birds and mammals that chiefly affects the intestines, caused by coccidia.More example sentences
- In recent years, poultry production has become increasingly threatened by a major parasitic disease called coccidiosis.
- Water was supplemented with the chemical, to suppress Isosporan coccidiosis, an ubiquitous disease of goldfinches that will quickly kill aviary birds.
- Male house finches, experimentally infected with coccidiosis grow a less red plumage and are less often selected by females.
More definitions of coccidiosisDefinition of coccidiosis in:
- The US English dictionary