- An Asian thrush of evergreen forests, typically with predominantly purplish or green plumage and a pale blue crown.
More example sentences
- Genus Cochoa, family Turdidae: four species
- The cochoas are very slender birds, and the one I saw was very horizontal on its branch, tearing away at something.
- Some of the more notable birds within the exhibit include black-browed barbets, sultan tits, Javan cochoas and blue-masked leafbirds.
- The cochoa eventually flew short distances in several hops and gave us all brief views, allowing us to see that he was an immature male.
modern Latin, from a Nepali name.