adjectiveNorth American • informal
- Ridiculous; implausible: a cockamamie theoryMore example sentences
- He has espoused some cockamamie theories about the secret society.
- Once you have real evidence, not some conjectured, cockamamie theory, call me.
- Someone comes up with this cockamamie theory that an e-mail could melt down all the computers and maybe even blow up all the buildings.
1940s (originally denoting a design left by a transfer): probably an alteration of decalcomania.
More definitions of cockamamieDefinition of cockamamie in:
- The US English dictionary