The sport (illegal in the UK and some other countries) of setting two cocks to fight each other.
More example sentences
- Like circuses, cockfighting, and greyhound racing, frog jumping promotes the message that animals exist purely to entertain us.
- It appears morally equivalent to blood sports such as bearbaiting and cockfighting that have been illegal for some two centuries.
- Despite being illegal in Ireland, the blood sport of cockfighting still takes place in some parts of the country.
- More example sentences
- There is a whole lot more going on at these cockfights than just the cockfighting, although that in itself is bad enough.
- You can legally own a gamecock in 18 states and visit a cockfight as a spectator in nine.
- This festival combines church ceremonies with horse racing, bullfights, cockfights, and a spirited carnival.
More definitions of cockfightingDefinition of cockfighting in:
- The US English dictionary