A herbaceous plant of the daisy family with broad leaves and burred fruits, native to tropical America.
- Genus Xanthium, family Compositae: two or three species
More example sentences
- Both cocklebur and magnolia blossoms must either be harvested and dried for future use or they may be purchased from Chinese pharmacies.
- It is a native insect which feeds on wild hosts including cocklebur, sunflowers, and common and giant ragweed, as well as soybeans.
- I spent whole summers with a group of guys, chopping cockleburs and button weeds in the cornfields and talking the way teenage boys talk when they're off by themselves.
Definition of cocklebur in:
- The US English dictionary