Definition of cockling in English:
noun[mass noun] British
The activity or occupation of gathering cockles: [as modifier]: large-scale cockling operations
More example sentences
- The government has admitted it gave inaccurate information about its actions before the cockling disaster.
- He said this week that cockling had been allowed to become a dangerous, free-for-all activity.
- No limit is put on the number issued and there are no checks to make sure that those applying have any cockling experience.
- 1cockler noun
- Example sentences
- There were multiple warnings two years ago from the local cocklers, desperately asking for licensing and quotas to stop the destruction but nothing was ever done.
- Police and rescuers were called last night after reports that about 25 cocklers were stranded on the sands.
- A council letter dispatched on Friday to explain the cockle bed closure decision met with a furious response from cocklers.
Definition of cockling in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.