- 2Australian A European plant of the daisy family with yellow thistle-like flower heads that has become naturalized in Australia.
More example sentences
- Centaurea melitensis, family Compositae
- This is a potent new herbicide used to control cockspur and other weeds in rice paddy fields.
- There was a prickly weed known as cockspurs which grew amid the wheat crop and those handling hay at chaff cutting had to wear leather gloves.
More definitions of cockspurDefinition of cockspur in:
- The US English dictionary