noun (plural cocobolos)
- A tropical American tree with hard reddish timber that is used to make cutlery handles.
More example sentences
- Dalbergia retusa, family Leguminosae
- The hardwoods he mentions - box and cocoa - are probably short for boxwood and cocobolo.
- A call to a friend brought forth a pair of his checkered grips of cocobolo, which really sets off the rifle to perfection.
mid 19th century: via Spanish from Arawak kakabali.
More definitions of cocoboloDefinition of cocobolo in:
- The US English dictionary