- A device or program that compresses data to enable faster transmission and decompresses received data.More example sentences
- This adds to the feeling of actual presence and reduces the processing load on the codec enabling a quicker refresh rate with less flicker.
- The design flow is driven by research on future applications, such as software-defined radio and multi-format multimedia codecs.
- The Skype system uses several different proprietary audio codecs to handle audio compression.
More definitions of codecDefinition of codec in:
- The US English dictionary