noun• informal , • derogatory
- An elderly man: old codgers harping on about yesteryearMore example sentences
- George Jackson successfully defended his seniors championship for old codgers over the age of fifty.
- Geezers and codgers well remember how the first steel shafts were painted yellow or brown to resemble hickory.
- The younger punters want to check out whether these old codgers deserve legendary status.
mid 18th century: perhaps a variant of cadger (see cadge).
More definitions of codgerDefinition of codger in:
- The US English dictionary