- An addition or supplement that explains, modifies, or revokes a will or part of one: Francis has remembered him in a codicil to this willMore example sentences
- Ryan explains the codicil in Alex's will and tries to make Bianca understand that the money is supposed to go to someone else.
- The Deputy Judge was not prepared to reveal the names of the two witnesses to his codicil when it was executed on 12th November.
- There is no doubt the initial fault lies with the testator and the wording of his codicil.
late Middle English: from Latin codicillus, diminutive of codex, codic- (see codex).
More definitions of codicilDefinition of codicil in:
- The US English dictionary