Definition of codicology in English:
The study of manuscripts and their interrelationships.
- A fairly brief introduction provides a basic description of the manuscript, concentrating on its codicology and production.
- Hebrew handwritten books may indeed serve as a useful means for devising a comparative codicology and paleography.
- Students taking this subject will study textual criticism; the elements of codicology and paleography; and examples of the major European bookhands in the Middle Ages.
- Example sentences
- Paleographic and codicological evidence reveals that the original text of the martyrology was written in Spain in the mid-twelfth century.
- The present paper presents the type of transcription and the textual and codicological encoding on the source level, but first it gives an introduction to the encoded books.
- He can also look for codicological details in the descriptions or in the index.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan