- A sequence of three nucleotides which together form a unit of genetic code in a DNA or RNA molecule.More example sentences
- Biochemistry may explain why most of the exceptions to the genetic code involve stop codons.
- In effect, the DNA blueprint is a succession of code words, each consisting of a set of three nucleotides, known as codons, in the gene.
- Due to the redundant nature of codons, the genetic code shows a significant level of neutrality.
More definitions of codonDefinition of codon in:
- The US English dictionary