- An instrument with a rotating mirror that continuously reflects the light from the same area of sky, used for monitoring the path of a celestial object.More example sentences
- This error can be reduced substantially by choosing the coelostat position and time interval.
- Back in Ottawa, a specially designed shed with a roll off section housed the coelostat for almost 70 years.
- To create rotating images in the full 360-degree range, two sets of coelostats can be combined, each compensating for the dead zone of the other.
late 19th century: formed irregularly from Latin caelum 'sky' + -stat.
More definitions of coelostatDefinition of coelostat in:
- The US English dictionary