- A non-protein compound that is necessary for the functioning of an enzyme.More example sentences
- This conformational changing process is strengthened by the increase in the affinity of the enzyme and for its coenzymes during hibernation.
- For example, our need for vitamins is due to the fact that they function as coenzymes in many metabolic processes.
- Many prosthetic groups and coenzymes are water-soluble derivatives of vitamins.
More definitions of coenzymeDefinition of coenzyme in:
- The US English dictionary