(also cognitive therapy)
- A type of psychotherapy in which negative patterns of thought about the self and the world are challenged in order to alter unwanted behaviour patterns or treat mood disorders such as depression.More example sentences
- There are many proven treatments for depression - medication, cognitive therapy, interpersonal therapy.
- Talking treatments include counselling, behavioural therapy, cognitive therapy, group therapy and psychoanalysis.
- There are a number of effective treatments - cognitive therapy, interpersonal therapy, pharmacotherapy - that help people in episodes of acute depression.
More definitions of cognitive behavioural therapyDefinition of cognitive behavioural therapy in:
- The US English dictionary