- People who are especially well informed about a particular subject: it’s worth taking a tip from the fashion cognoscentiMore example sentences
- The fashion cognoscenti and music lovers were out in force last night for two great parties.
- His fledgling fashion cognoscenti have accessorised the theme with, among other things, suspenders and pink, fluffy rabbit ears.
- It's only a matter of time before the fashion cognoscenti are once more clamouring for this particular brand of undeniable elegance.
late 18th century: Italian, literally 'people who know', from Latin cognoscent- 'getting to know', from the verb cognoscere.
More definitions of cognoscentiDefinition of cognoscenti in:
- The US English dictionary