Definition of cohesive in English:
Characterized by or causing cohesion: each parish was formerly a cohesive unit family life can be a cohesive force in society
More example sentences
- Today I got a real sense that we were beginning to become a cohesive unit, looking out for each other.
- The half back line took a while to get into the game but when they did, they looked a cohesive unit.
- All that experience rolled into one cohesive unit would be a force to be reckoned with.
- cohesively adverb
- Example sentences
- Regions must agree to come together and act cohesively.
- The idea is that local bands have direct access to the public and are working cohesively together to help each other out.
- This and other reforms offer ‘a significant opportunity for Government to think cohesively about how we run local services and govern at a local level’.
Words that rhyme with cohesiveadhesive
Definition of cohesive in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.