- A hairdresser.More example sentences
- I have heard that the coiffeurs at the ‘Hairdresser's ‘(1 Dyakon Ignatii Street, next to BNP Paribas, tel. 986 1366) do a careful, professional job.’
- We looked at a whole wide range of companies, everything from barber shops, coiffeurs, to real estate landlord owners, who basically reported 90% when they really had 100% occupancy.
- Hairdresser John Frieda started with the trendy heads of clients in the Mayfair salon of legendary hair stylist Leonard, a coiffeur guru in London during the Seventies.
mid 19th century: French, from coiffer 'arrange the hair', in Old French 'cover with a coif' (see coif).
More definitions of coiffeurDefinition of coiffeur in:
- The US English dictionary