- To coincide with the event, the new Killarney Athletic clubhouse and dressing rooms were officially opened by Minister for Sport and Tourism John O'Donoghue on Monday night.
- And I've seen in many countries terrorists and resistance groups try to set up events to coincide with various high points in the calendar.
- The public events planned to coincide with the tour in Sligo are launched on the morning of July 28 including The Archives Resource Box at Sligo Town Library.
- So, who can blame American executives for pining for the day when the future and the present practically coincide?
- But even for someone who accepts a theory of temporal parts, coinciding objects can still present a problem.
- This spacer region coincided with the presence of an intron between the zinc fingers in the DNA sequence of the group C genes.
- Here the marker positions coincided with segment bounds.
- However, for an interval this short, the position of a detected QTL rarely coincided with the true position.
- Each marker position coincided with the position of one of the multiallelic loci.
- The nature of these conversations coincides with other IFS work done with children.
- ‘The disparity is small, but it is always there, which coincides with the research done before,’ Xu said.
- This ability coincides with, and conforms to, the Army's Transformation goals and objectives.
- However, by building up detailed theories of each type, we may hope to find important links between them and perhaps even to discover that they coincide in at least some key respects.
- Their false testimonies could not be allowed, because at least two of them were needed to coincide in order for the testimony to be legal.
- For what are contraries cannot coincide in one and the same subject.
Early 18th century (in the sense 'occupy the same space'): from medieval Latin coincidere, from co- 'together with' + incidere 'fall upon or into'.
The early sense was ‘occupy the same space’: it comes from medieval Latin coincidere, from co- ‘together with’ and incidere ‘fall upon or into’.
Words that rhyme with coincideabide, applied, aside, astride, backslide, beside, bestride, betide, bide, bride, chide, Clyde, cockeyed, collide, confide, cried, decide, divide, dried, elide, five-a-side, glide, guide, hide, hollow-eyed, I'd, implied, lied, misguide, nationwide, nide, offside, onside, outride, outside, pan-fried, pied, pie-eyed, pitch-side, popeyed, pride, provide, ride, Said, shied, side, slide, sloe-eyed, snide, square-eyed, starry-eyed, statewide, Strathclyde, stride, subdivide, subside, tide, tried, undyed, wall-eyed, wide, worldwide
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: co|in¦cide
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.