- 1Occurring together in space or time: the fall in the stock market was coincident with the slowdown in economic activityMore example sentences
- It thereby participates in a larger cultural project coincident with the emergence of capitalism that prefers time to space and history to geography, as ways of valuing life and making it meaningful.
- Since the focus here is on the general character of the annual cycle, it is not necessary to use ozone data coincident in time and space with the ground-based sensors.
- This historical moment for the family is coincident with America's historical achievement in space.
- 2In agreement or harmony: the stake of defence attorneys is not always coincident with that of their clientsMore example sentences
- And again, the search for community college peer institution selection systems discovered methodologies consistent and coincident with the Brinkman and Teeter typology.
- Many witnesses speak of good inter-communal relations, of friendships across ethnic and coincident religious divides, of intermarriages and of generally harmonious relations.
- Philosophers of global justice disagree about how these relationships should be understood, and particularly, whether it is right to regard them as coincident with membership in domestic society.
- More example sentences
- So in hopes of ‘healthening’ up the body, I've enlisted the assistance of my girlfriend who, coincidently, happens to be a health student.
- The closing date for entering the competition was last Friday, which coincidently was the same day the school held their annual Christmas fare.
- The night was coincidently the anniversary of her first year as Musical Director.
mid 16th century: from medieval Latin coincident- 'coinciding', from the verb coincidere (see coincide).