- another term for coitus.More example sentences
- He relaxed into the coition, laying his head upon her shoulder, slowing himself down.
- Franklin, 154 Mass. 515, 516 (‘The consummation of a marriage by coition is not necessary to its validity’).
- More often than not, the retort to this rhetorical question involves obscene invective, drawn from the vulgar nomenclature regarding genitalia and the act of coition.
mid 16th century (in the sense 'meeting or uniting'): from Latin coitio(n-), from the verb coire, from co- 'together' + ire 'go'.
More definitions of coitionDefinition of coition in:
- The US English dictionary