noun[mass noun] formal
- When interpreting the available data he speculates that many people in the U.S. engage in extramarital coitus despite their belief that this behavior is not morally acceptable.
- Only 6.4% of the coitally experienced male adolescents reported that they had ever used a condom for coitus.
- In fact, initiation and frequency of coitus are often the only aspects of sexual behavior that are measured.
- Example sentences
- This rapid ejaculation brings coital activity to an abrupt end and interferes with the sexual satisfaction of both the man and his partner.
- One should also note that the most consistent predictor of coital sex is precoital sex.
- Condom use was expressed as a proportion defined on the basis of two items: the total number of coital events and the number of coital events in which a condom was used.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: co¦itus
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.