(also kola nut)
- The seed of the cola tree, which contains caffeine and is chewed or made into a drink.More example sentences
- In Latin America, S. chicha has seeds which are used as a substitute for cola ‘nuts' and are also reputed to taste like chocolate - not surprising since these trees belong to the same family as the cola nut and the cacao tree.
- Unoka brought out a kola nut for his guest and after some polite conversation about who should break the nut, Unoka finally did the honors with prayers to his ancestors for life, health, and protection from enemies.
- Once farmers can easily see the chemicals on their bodies and know how to apply them safely, they will be less likely to pop a kola nut into an open mouth with a contaminated hand or forget to wash off after spraying.
More definitions of cola nutDefinition of cola nut in:
- The US English dictionary