noun[mass noun] Physics
- Light accompanied by little or no heat; luminescence.More example sentences
- The lights in the necklace, fireflies, and glowing ocean are all caused by chemiluminescence - light made by a chemical reaction that produces light but no heat, cold light.
- The boxes are flat against the wall, their cruciform vacancy is lit by the kind of cold light associated with ultraviolet sterilisers.
- Leaf illumination was provided by two cold light sources FL - 400 (Walz Inc., Germany).
More definitions of cold lightDefinition of cold light in:
- The US English dictionary