noun (plural colectomies)[mass noun]
- Surgical removal of all or part of the colon.More example sentences
- Low anterior colon resection and right colectomy are two laparoscopic approaches to treat benign bowel disease.
- The February 2001 AORN Journal will feature one Home Study Program that discusses treating benign colon disorders using laparoscopic colectomy.
- The circulating nurse must coordinate the room setup and equipment for a laparoscopic sigmoid colectomy and laparoscopic right colectomy.
More definitions of colectomyDefinition of colectomy in:
- The US English dictionary