- A salad dish of shredded raw cabbage, carrots, and other vegetables mixed with mayonnaise.More example sentences
- Freshly made sandwiches with side salad, coleslaw and potato crisps were priced at £3.50.
- Salad options include green salad, creamy coleslaw, marinated vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots) and macaroni salad.
- Mix equal parts low fat mayonnaise and yogurt and use to dress coleslaw or potato salad.
late 18th century (originally US): from Dutch koolsla, from kool 'cabbage' + sla (see slaw).
More definitions of coleslawDefinition of coleslaw in:
- The US English dictionary