- another term for cole.More example sentences
- Amongst herbs I have eaten I find gourds, cucumbers, coleworts, melons, disallowed, but especially cabbage.
- Other names for kale include the Dutch boerenkool (farmer's cabbage) and ‘collards’ (a corruption of colewort and the usual name in the USA) All derive from the Greek kaulos, meaning stem.
- It is said that no sort of food causes so much thirst as cabbage, especially that called colewort.
More definitions of colewortDefinition of colewort in:
- The US English dictionary